Soderling, Stepanek reach Brisbane semis
Robin Soderling beat Matt Ebden while Radek Stepanek beat Florian Mayer.
Brisbane: Top-seeded Robin Soderling advanced to the Brisbane International semifinals, beating Australian qualifier Matt Ebden 6-3, 6-2 on Friday.
The Swede will face Radek Stepanek, the 2009 Brisbane champion and runner-up last year. Stepanek beat Germany's Florian Mayer 6-3, 6-3.
In the other semifinal, defending champion Andy Roddick will play South Africa's Kevin Anderson. They won their quarterfinal matches on Thursday.
In the women's semifinals later on Friday, Germany's Andrea Petkovic of Germany faced France's Marion Bartoli, and Czech Petra Kvitova met Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology