Sodhi wins bronze in ISSF Shooting World Cup
The Indian was tied for the second place in the double trap event but lost to China's Hu Binyuan in shoot-off.
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Ronjan Sodhi on Tuesday clinched bronze medal in double trap at the ISSF Shooting World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia.
Sodhi shot a series of 48, 49, 48 for a total of 145 in the qualification, before compiling 49 in the finals to finish on the podium.
Sodhi was tied for the second place but lost to China's Hu Binyuan in shoot-off in which the world number three Indian shot one against two.
The Asian Games gold medallist Indian had already qualified for the 2012 London Olympics on the basis of his silver-winning feat in the Shotgun World Cup in Beijing in April.
Wilson Peter Robert Russell of the Great Britain won the gold medal after he shot 195, while Hu Binyuan of China bagged the silver with a total of 194.
Earlier on Saturday, Shagun Chowdhary of India missed an Olympic quota place after finishing ninth in women's trap event.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1