Soha Ali Khan really annoyed by royalty reference
Don't rub in the royalty, please! That seems to have been Soha Ali Khan's underlying statement.
Mumbai: Don't rub in the royalty, please! That seems to have been Soha Ali Khan's underlying statement when at a public event, promoting her new film "Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns", she made her displeasure clear at her royalty references being relentlessly rustled up.
Director Tigmanshu Dhulia said at the event that he chose Soha to play a princess in his film as she looked every inch the royalty in royal finery.
To this, the sharp-tongued Soha retorted: "Oh yes, I even sleep in royal clothes." Explaining her snappy response, Soha said: "It is true. When I was asked if I was comfortable playing my character because of my royal background, I did respond that way.
"But I was being facetious in merely stating how 'unroyal' my dress sense is. As a matter of fact, I am so bohemian in my dress code that only recently have I started wearing shoes instead of chappals. So I was actually making fun of myself!"
Having said this, Soha adds she is very proud of her royal antecedents.
"I embrace my identity. It is a privilege to come from the background that I do. And it is this background that put me in Tigmanshu Dhulia's mind for my part as the princess in 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns'. I am grateful for it," said the daughter of veteran actress Sharmila Tagore and late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, who was nawab of Bhopal until 1971, when India abolished royal entitlements.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now