Solid start by Jeev Milkha Singh as he cards 67 in first round
Jeev had eight birdies, but he also gave away three bogeys. India's other challenger, SSP Chowrasia shot two-under 70.
United Kingdom: Jeev Milkha Singh got off to a solid start with a five-under 67 on a rather generous course on the first day of the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open at Castle Stuart Links on Thursday.
The defending champion, who missed the premiere of 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', a film on the life of his father and legendary athlete Milkha Singh, was among the top 10 as the first round was yet to be completed. Jeev had eight birdies, but he also gave away three bogeys. India's other challenger, SSP Chowrasia shot two-under 70.
"I'm happy with five-under. I was three-under after after four and then I went off the routine and gave away two bogeys. But then I got off well on back nine and had four birdies in a space of five holes. Then I had a chip in for birdie on last and it leaves a good taste as you finish," Jeev said.
"I am enjoying myself, the weather has been excellent, though there was some pressure. The pressure comes because when you want to do the best every time you tee up," he said.
"There were lot of birdie holes there. I tried to get to seven-under, it is that kind of course, but I am happy with five-under."
England's John Parry (64) continued his return to form by taking the clubhouse lead midway through the opening round as Phil Mickelson (66) also started strongly. Other good starts came from Simon Khan (65) and four others including Thai Kiradech Aphibarnrat shot 66 each.
- Here's What Bollywood Celebrities Have To Say About MNS Ban On Pakistani Artistes
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO
- Mi Air Purifier 2 Review: Xiaomi's Silent Ninja Against Pollution
- 'Rick and Morty' Creator Justin Roiland Announces 'Accounting' Game
- 405 Babies of HIV-Infected Mothers Born without Infection
From Our Network
- What ails Amma? Medical all-clear fails to end guessing job over Jayalalithaa's health- FirstPost
- JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha comes out in Arun Jaitley's defense, rules out his involvement in DDCA scam - Pradesh18
- Dadri lynching: Police find no evidence of cow slaughter by Akhlaq family, to file closure report - Pradesh18