Somali pirates release MT Enrico, 7 Indians freed
An Italian vessel was captured by Somali pirates off the coast of Oman in December with 18 crew members, including seven Indians.
Mumbai: An Italian vessel captured by Somali pirates off the coast of Oman in December with 18 crew members, including seven Indians, has been released.
MT Enrico Ievoli, hijacked on December 27, has been released by the pirates, the Director General of Shipping said in a statement in Mumbai on Tuesday.
The vessel is proceeding towards safe port where the crew would disembark and will be repatriated to their respective countries, it said.
The crew also includes six Italians and five Ukrainians.
The vessel was carrying caustic soda from the United Arab Emirates to the Mediterranean.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology