Somali pirates release MT Enrico, 7 Indians freed
An Italian vessel was captured by Somali pirates off the coast of Oman in December with 18 crew members, including seven Indians.
Mumbai: An Italian vessel captured by Somali pirates off the coast of Oman in December with 18 crew members, including seven Indians, has been released.
MT Enrico Ievoli, hijacked on December 27, has been released by the pirates, the Director General of Shipping said in a statement in Mumbai on Tuesday.
The vessel is proceeding towards safe port where the crew would disembark and will be repatriated to their respective countries, it said.
The crew also includes six Italians and five Ukrainians.
The vessel was carrying caustic soda from the United Arab Emirates to the Mediterranean.
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift in Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi