Somdev advances to 2nd round of US Open qualifiers
Somdev, seeded sixth, defeated his Brazilian rival 6-4, 6-3 in one hour and nine minutes in the the first round.
New York: Somdev Devvarman, India's numero uno singles player, cleared the first hurdle in the US Open qualifying tournament with a straight set win over Fabiano De Paula, here.
Somdev, seeded sixth, defeated his Brazilian rival 6-4, 6-3 in one hour and nine minutes in the the first round contest of the US Open qualifiers.
Somdev, ranked 113, broke Paula one time in the opening set while thrice in the second. He will next face American Robby Ginepri, ranked 123 places below him at 236.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid