Somdev beats Michael Berrer after losing the first set
Somdev Devvarman saved a match point before wearing out German Michael Berrer in the opening round of the ATP Zagreb Indoor event.
Zagreb: A resilient Somdev Devvarman saved a match point before wearing out German Michael Berrer in the opening round of the ATP Zagreb Indoor event, here Wednesday.
The Indian overcame a poor start as he was bageled in the first set but eventually won 0-6 7-6 (6) 4-1 when his German rival, world number 125, retired due to fatigue. Somdev, known for playing long matches with a never-say-die spirit, kept Berrer in the match with his amazing retrieving ability.
Somdev, who is leading a players' revolt against the national federation, next plays fourth seed and world number 29 Austrian Jurgen Melzer in the euro 410,200 event. It will be first meeting between the two players.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1