Somdev defeats Zverev in ATP Challenger
Somdev, who had lost six consecutive first round matches after making a comeback at the London Olympics rallied to
Charlottesville: A struggling Somdev Devvarman finally won a match post a comeback since July this season when he defeated Germany's Mischa Zverev in the opening round of the ATP Challenger tournament.
Somdev, who had lost six consecutive first round matches after making a comeback at the London Olympics, rallied to beat fourth seed and 140th ranked rival 4-6 7-5 6-4 in the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, next faces Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel, who beat American Daniel Kosakowski 6-3 1-6 6-3 in his first round match.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team