Somdev defeats Zverev in ATP Challenger
Somdev, who had lost six consecutive first round matches after making a comeback at the London Olympics rallied to
Charlottesville: A struggling Somdev Devvarman finally won a match post a comeback since July this season when he defeated Germany's Mischa Zverev in the opening round of the ATP Challenger tournament.
Somdev, who had lost six consecutive first round matches after making a comeback at the London Olympics, rallied to beat fourth seed and 140th ranked rival 4-6 7-5 6-4 in the USD 75,000 hard court tournament.
Somdev, a wild card entrant, next faces Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel, who beat American Daniel Kosakowski 6-3 1-6 6-3 in his first round match.
The Indian, who missed the first half of the season as he was recuperating from a shoulder surgery, has slid to 733 in the singles ATP rankings.
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Breaking Toon: Is Nawaz Sharif Really Sharif?
- Mouni Roy's Vacation Photos Will Give You Serious Travel Goals
- Honoured To Pay Tribute to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Ali Zafar