Somdev fails to reach the main draw at Indian Wells
The Indian lost to Matteo Viola of Italy 2-6, 2-6 in the first round of the qualifiers.
Indian Wells: Somdev Devvarman's bid to enter the main draw of the BNP Paribas Open fell flat as he lost the opening round of the qualifiers in straight sets to Italian 27th seed Matteo Viola.
The Indian, playing under protected ranking, suffered a 2-6, 2-6 bashing at the hands of world number 127.
Somdev, ranked 250th, lost his serve six times to get knocked out of the USD 5,030,408 hard-court event.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Shooting World Cup: Jitu Rai Wins 10m Air Pistol Bronze