Somdev fails to reach the main draw at Indian Wells
The Indian lost to Matteo Viola of Italy 2-6, 2-6 in the first round of the qualifiers.
Indian Wells: Somdev Devvarman's bid to enter the main draw of the BNP Paribas Open fell flat as he lost the opening round of the qualifiers in straight sets to Italian 27th seed Matteo Viola.
The Indian, playing under protected ranking, suffered a 2-6, 2-6 bashing at the hands of world number 127.
Somdev, ranked 250th, lost his serve six times to get knocked out of the USD 5,030,408 hard-court event.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting