Somdev fails to reach the main draw at Indian Wells
The Indian lost to Matteo Viola of Italy 2-6, 2-6 in the first round of the qualifiers.
Indian Wells: Somdev Devvarman's bid to enter the main draw of the BNP Paribas Open fell flat as he lost the opening round of the qualifiers in straight sets to Italian 27th seed Matteo Viola.
The Indian, playing under protected ranking, suffered a 2-6, 2-6 bashing at the hands of world number 127.
Somdev, ranked 250th, lost his serve six times to get knocked out of the USD 5,030,408 hard-court event.
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle