DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Somdev loses to wildcard Veic in Zagreb
The world number 68 went down 3-6 2-6 to his rival.`
Zagreb: Second seed Somdev Devvarman suffered a shock first round exit from the singles event of Zagreb Open, an ATP Challenger tournament, after losing in straight sets to local wild card Antonio Veic.
The world number 68 went down 3-6 2-6 to his rival, who is ranked as low as 232 in the ATP charts.
It was first meeting between the two players.
Somdev would now look to do well in the doubles event, for which he has paired with Swiss player Yves Allegro.
They will open their campaign against the German pair of Dustin Brown and Dominik Meffert.
It is Somdev's third tournament in the clay court season, with his best so far coming at Serbia Open, where he reached the singles quarter-finals.
Recommended For You
- India vs Pakistan: Top 3 Champions Trophy Encounters
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London