DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Somdev to clash with world No. 26 Guillermo
The Indian ace beat America's Robert Kendrick in the first round of the US Men's Clay Court Championship.
Houston: Somdev Devvarman began his clay court season with a thumping 6-2, 6-1 win over America's Robert Kendrick in the first round of the US Men's Clay Court Championship.
It was Somdev's second win over Kendrick, ranked nine places below him at 80, in as many meeting as he had beaten the American at Legg Mason Classic in 2008.
Somdev has set up a second round clash with Spanish third seed and world number 26 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, who got a bye in his first round of the $442,500 event.
The scoreline in the match suggests an easy win but Somdev was little patchy in the contest against Kendrick.
He squandered nine break chances, including six in the second set alone, apart from dropping his own serve once in the first set.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere