Somdev touches career-high ranking of 68
Sania also rose three rungs to 74 in the latest WTA rankings and Lea-Hesh continued to be the world number two.
New Delhi: Somdev Devvarman took his singles rankings to a new high by climbing to number 68 in the ATP chart while Sania Mirza rose three rungs to 74 in the WTA list, released on Monday.
Somdev gained two positions by making the quarter-finals of the Serbia Open, where he lost to Janko Tipsarevic last week.
Sania had excited the Madrid Open in the first round after entering the main draw through qualifiers. In the doubles also she continued to improve as she now sits at number 27 with a gain of two slots.
In the ATP doubles chart, both the veteran stars - Mahesh Bhupathi (5) and Leander Paes (7) - were unchanged while Rohan Bopanna registered a one place improvement to be at number 13.
In the doubles team rankings, Paes and Bhupathi continued to be the world number two pair but Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi have slipped to sixth from fifth.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets