Sonam Kapoor expects 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' to encourage sports
Sonam Kapoor wasn't bothered about the length of her role in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's film 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
Mumbai: Actress Sonam Kapoor says coming on board for a film like 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', which tells the inspirational life-story of former athlete Milkha Singh, was her way of serving the country as she expects the film to encourage sports.
"I just felt like I was doing a service to my country. It was a service to all the sports people out there. I feel that sports has not been given the right kind of push it should get. This will encourage sportsmen and it will help people to take up sports," Sonam told IANS.
Sonam has done a cameo in the Farhan Akhtar-starrer, which releases on July 12.
The size of the role didn't matter, said Sonam, and added, "I have a 15 to 20 minutes role, but I feel like I'm blessed to be a part of it," she said.
The film is directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi Enjoys 'Paan' Brought by Party Workers During Unnao Road Show