Sonam Kapoor named brand ambassador of year
The actress names the gadgets that drive her crazy and can't do without
Gurgaon, March 22 (IANS) Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor was named brand ambassador of the year at the NDTV Good Times Gadget Guru Awards 2011 held in Gurgaon on Monday night.
"I am a gadget freak. You will find everything from laptop, cellphone to iPad and iPod in my closet. They remain with me all the time. I can't leave my mobile even for five minutes. Gadgets have become a way of life today for any generation," Sonam said in a video message after receiving the award.
She is the brand ambassador of Spice mobiles.
Sonam, who has been quite active on microblogging site Twitter, says technology comes with its positives and negatives.
"It depends how you are involved in it. Twitter is a great platform for putting down your thoughts and sharing it with others but some are desperate for fame and obnoxious. I have blocked many fame crazy people who have been obnoxious," she added.
Apart from corporate biggies, the guest list also included music composer Anu Malik, singer Rabbi Shergill of "Bulla ki jaana" fame, singer Shibani Kashyap, socialite Suhel Seth, designer Rina Dhaka, ace hairstylist Ambika Pillai and Siddharth Basu.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion