DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sonam Kapoor's clothes on auction for charity
The actress will auction her clothes on her friend, stylist Pernia Qureshi's online fashion boutique.
Mumbai: Actress Sonam Kapoor, known for her stylish and uber cool dressing, announced Saturday that she will auction some of her clothes online for charity this Christmas.
She will auction her clothes on her friend, stylist Pernia Qureshi's online fashion boutique, Pernia's Pop-Up Shop. The proceeds will go towards Smile Foundation, an NGO which works to support poor children.
"Pernia and I wanted to do something for children this season. So we thought it would be great if I give like 50 pieces from my wardrobe and the proceeds go to Smile Foundation," Sonam told IANS.
The actress wants this money to be used to provide education to children.
"Pernia wanted to associate this with charity and I wanted to do something for education. This will go towards Smile Foundation to educate kids," she said.
Sonam has been involved in charitable acts earlier as well. But this is the first time she has announced to give away some of her clothes.
"Pernia and me really believe in this. It is a great idea for people to go and check it out. We are waiting for the traffic for all the social networking sites to come there," she said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs