Song for 'Corporate' to be used in 'Heroine'
A song recorded by Lata Mangeshkar, which was supposed to be used years ago by Bhandarkar will be used in 'Heroine'
Mumbai: A song recorded by Lata Mangeshkar, which was supposed to be used years ago by Madhur Bhandarkar in 'Corporate', will now be used in 'Heroine'.
The lately-in-trouble Madhur Bhandarkar project 'Heroine', which till sometime back did not have its leading actor, with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan backing out, now not only has Kareena Kapoor as its lead, but also a song by Lata Mangeshkar.
Bhandarkar will, in fact, score a hat trick with this new song. So far, Mangeshkar has sung two songs for his films, 'Kitne Ajeeb Rishte Hain Yahan Par' for 'Page 3' and 'Daata Sun Le' for 'Jail'.
Strangely, the new song, 'Kyun yahan hota hai jo yahan hota hai/Muskuruta hai koi to koi kyun rota hai', was recorded years ago for Bhandarkar's Corporate (2006), but is only being used now.
Music composer Shamir Tandon who worked with Bhandarkar on 'Page 3', 'Jail' and 'Corporate', said, "It was recorded for 'Corporate'. But it was felt that the song didn't suit the film's theme or situation. So rather than use it arbitrarily, we decided to set it aside."
According to Tandon, he got a call from Bhandarkar reminding him about the song and telling him how it suited Heroine. Tandon reportedly called up Mangeshkar, asking her for her permission to use the song, "She remembered and immediately gave her consent. Nowadays, she hardly sings. A new number by Lata didi is a big event," he said.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson