Sonia, Rahul Pay Tributes to Rajiv Gandhi on 26th Death Anniversary
Congress President Sonia Gandhi along with Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra paid tributes to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 26th death anniversary.
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi along with Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Sunday paid tributes to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 26th death anniversary.
They laid flowers and wreaths at the Rajiv Gandhi memorial 'Vir Bhumi' here.
Rahul Gandhi, his son and Vice President of Congress tweeted: "Remembering my father today. A leader driven by love, compassion and a deep generosity of heart. We miss him."
Remembering my father today. A leader driven by love, compassion & a deep generosity of heart. We miss him pic.twitter.com/d10KbLVaNb
— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) May 21, 2017
Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated on this day in 1991 in a suicide bomb attack by Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) during an election rally at Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu.
He served as the Prime Minister from October 31, 1984 to December 2, 1989.
Recommended For You
- These Photos Of Priyanka Chopra's Latest Lookalike Are Breaking The Internet
- Dhoni Abusing Manish Pandey During T20 Match is Now an Internet Meme
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Great Entertainer in 'Anti-Women' Genre With No Social Conscience
- Kareena Looks Stunning in a Black Saree as She Attends Bengaluru International Film Festival; See Pics
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Ups the Glamour Quotient with an Interesting Take on Fashion; See Pics