Sony announces Android 4.1 update schedule for 2012 Xperia smartphones
The decision has been taken not to upgrade Xperia U, Xperia miro, Xperia tipo, and Xperia sola beyond Android 4.0.
New Delhi: Sony Mobile has announced to roll out the Android 4.1 update to its Xperia phones. Revealing the update schedule, the company said the upgrade plans for Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V are progressing as planned - these smartphones will start to receive Jelly Bean during February and March.
Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia go will be upgraded from the end of March. Then Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia ion and Xperia acro S will follow in the subsequent weeks.
Unfortunately, the owners of Xperia U, Xperia miro, Xperia tipo will not get Android 4.1. The decision has been taken not to upgrade Xperia U, Xperia miro, Xperia tipo, and Xperia sola beyond Android 4.0, said Sony Mobile in a blog post. Availability and rollout timing will vary by market and customer variants.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion