Sony introduces 5-inch Xperia Z Android smartphone
The Sony Xperia Z will launch globally in the first quarter of 2013.
New Delhi: Sony Mobile Communications introduced its new flagship Android smartphone, Xperia Z. The phone has a 5-inch full HD 1080p Reality Display, and is powered by a Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor. Sony Xperia Z's Reality Display is powered by Mobile Bravia Engine 2.
The phone sports a 13 megapixel camera and includes 4G LTE. The Sony Xperia Z will launch globally in the first quarter of 2013.
According to the company, the Xperia Z also includes Battery Stamina Mode that is said to improve the standby time by four times or more by automatically shutting down battery-draining apps whenever the screen is off and starting them up again when the screen is back on.
Despite its slim 7.9 mm body, Xperia Z is said to be durable with tempered glass and anti-shatter film on the front and back. It is a dust-resistant and water-resistant smartphone.
In selected markets, a design variant of Xperia Z - Xperia ZL - will also be released in Q1 2013. Xperia ZL delivers the same experiences as Xperia Z but in a smaller form factor.
Xperia Z and Xperia ZL will launch on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and will be upgraded to 4.2 shortly after launch for the latest Android user experience.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Watch: Inside Story Of Surgical Strikes Across LoC
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Watch: Special Broadcast On Surgical Strikes Across LoC
- India Briefs Envoys of 25 Countries After Army Conducts Surgical Strike