Sony introduces 5-inch Xperia Z Android smartphone
The Sony Xperia Z will launch globally in the first quarter of 2013.
New Delhi: Sony Mobile Communications introduced its new flagship Android smartphone, Xperia Z. The phone has a 5-inch full HD 1080p Reality Display, and is powered by a Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor. Sony Xperia Z's Reality Display is powered by Mobile Bravia Engine 2.
The phone sports a 13 megapixel camera and includes 4G LTE. The Sony Xperia Z will launch globally in the first quarter of 2013.
According to the company, the Xperia Z also includes Battery Stamina Mode that is said to improve the standby time by four times or more by automatically shutting down battery-draining apps whenever the screen is off and starting them up again when the screen is back on.
Despite its slim 7.9 mm body, Xperia Z is said to be durable with tempered glass and anti-shatter film on the front and back. It is a dust-resistant and water-resistant smartphone.
In selected markets, a design variant of Xperia Z - Xperia ZL - will also be released in Q1 2013. Xperia ZL delivers the same experiences as Xperia Z but in a smaller form factor.
Xperia Z and Xperia ZL will launch on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and will be upgraded to 4.2 shortly after launch for the latest Android user experience.
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- By Playing it Out in Public, Mulayam Has Cemented Akhilesh's Future
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18