Sony launches Xperia Z at Rs 38,990, Xperia ZL at Rs 36,990
Both Sony Xperia Z and the Xperia ZL will go on sale in India from March 12.
New Delhi: Sony has launched the much-awaited Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL in India on Wednesday. The phones are priced at Rs 38,990 and Rs 36,990. Both phones will go on sale in India from March 12.
The Sony Xperia Z has a 5-inch full HD 1080p Reality Display, and is powered by a Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor. Sony Xperia Z's Reality Display is powered by Mobile Bravia Engine 2. It sports a 13 megapixel camera.
According to Sony, the Xperia Z also includes Battery Stamina Mode that is said to improve the standby time by four times or more by automatically shutting down battery-draining apps whenever the screen is off and starting them up again when the screen is back on.
Despite its slim 7.9 mm body, Xperia Z is said to be durable with tempered glass and anti-shatter film on the front and back. It is a dust-resistant and water-resistant smartphone. Sony said Vodafone users will get 8GB of free download for two months.
Sony's Xperia ZL delivers the same experiences as Xperia Z, but in a smaller form factor. Both Xperia Z and Xperia ZL will run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and will be upgraded to 4.2 shortly after launch for the latest Android user experience, said the company.
Sony Mobile also announced Katrina Kaif as the new brand ambassador for its Xperia range of phones. Sony also unveiled the new Xperia Z Tab in India. The tablet will go on sale in May.
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Azam Khan Blames 'One Single Outsider' For SP Feud