Sony launches Xperia Z at Rs 38,990, Xperia ZL at Rs 36,990
Both Sony Xperia Z and the Xperia ZL will go on sale in India from March 12.
New Delhi: Sony has launched the much-awaited Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL in India on Wednesday. The phones are priced at Rs 38,990 and Rs 36,990. Both phones will go on sale in India from March 12.
The Sony Xperia Z has a 5-inch full HD 1080p Reality Display, and is powered by a Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor. Sony Xperia Z's Reality Display is powered by Mobile Bravia Engine 2. It sports a 13 megapixel camera.
According to Sony, the Xperia Z also includes Battery Stamina Mode that is said to improve the standby time by four times or more by automatically shutting down battery-draining apps whenever the screen is off and starting them up again when the screen is back on.
Despite its slim 7.9 mm body, Xperia Z is said to be durable with tempered glass and anti-shatter film on the front and back. It is a dust-resistant and water-resistant smartphone. Sony said Vodafone users will get 8GB of free download for two months.
Sony's Xperia ZL delivers the same experiences as Xperia Z, but in a smaller form factor. Both Xperia Z and Xperia ZL will run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and will be upgraded to 4.2 shortly after launch for the latest Android user experience, said the company.
Sony Mobile also announced Katrina Kaif as the new brand ambassador for its Xperia range of phones. Sony also unveiled the new Xperia Z Tab in India. The tablet will go on sale in May.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home