Sony rolls out first Xperia Z update with fix for 'sudden-death' issue
The Sony Xperia Z users are facing a weird bug in the phone, which would turn off the phone and only a hard reset (power + volume up) would get it started again.
New Delhi: The Sony Xperia Z has been one of the most popular phones this year. Its water and dustproof body and the full HD display have propelled it up in the popularity charts. But soon users started reporting a weird bug in the phone, which would turn off the phone and only a hard reset (power + volume up) would get it started again.
Even that solution was not a universal fix, as several users reported that the phone wouldn't start up even through the hard reset option.
At the time, it was thought that the bug is related to the battery management software, but several users were reporting handsets dying on them with close to a full charge.
Sony had promised an update to fix the issue, and the company has now started rolling out an update for the Xperia Z to fix the issue.
The build number is 10.1.A.1.434, but the Android version stays 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and the Kernel seems to be the same 3.4.0. version as well.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'