Sony rolls out first Xperia Z update with fix for 'sudden-death' issue
The Sony Xperia Z users are facing a weird bug in the phone, which would turn off the phone and only a hard reset (power + volume up) would get it started again.
New Delhi: The Sony Xperia Z has been one of the most popular phones this year. Its water and dustproof body and the full HD display have propelled it up in the popularity charts. But soon users started reporting a weird bug in the phone, which would turn off the phone and only a hard reset (power + volume up) would get it started again.
Even that solution was not a universal fix, as several users reported that the phone wouldn't start up even through the hard reset option.
At the time, it was thought that the bug is related to the battery management software, but several users were reporting handsets dying on them with close to a full charge.
Sony had promised an update to fix the issue, and the company has now started rolling out an update for the Xperia Z to fix the issue.
The build number is 10.1.A.1.434, but the Android version stays 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and the Kernel seems to be the same 3.4.0. version as well.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan