Sony to introduce next Xperia flagship smartphone on Sept 4: Report
The next smartphone from Sony is rumoured to come with a 20 megapixel camera and a 5-inch full HD display.
New Delhi: Having introduced the Xperia Z and Xperia Z Ultra recently, Sony is now preparing to unveil its next Xperia flagship phone next month. According to a Bloomberg report, Sony will introduce its next flagship phone on September 4, two days before the start of the IFA trade show in Berlin.
The report says, "Sony's new flagship has been developed under an internal code name of Honami, a Japanese hot-spring area." The phone is said to be engineered with the imaging technology developed for Sony's cameras and ultra-high definition TVs.
Rumours are rife that Sony's new smartphone will have a 5-inch full HD display, and will be powered by a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor. It is speculated to come with a 20 megapixel camera and 2GB of RAM.
Besides Sony, Samsung has also scheduled an event for September 4, where it is expected to unveil the Galaxy Note III and the Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Apple is also likely to unveil the next-gen iPhone on September 10.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category