Sony Xperia C3: Sony launches a 'selfie' smartphone in India at Rs 23,990
The Xperia C3 sports a 5.5-inch screen with an 8 megapixel rear camera and a 5 MP wide-angle front camera with LED flash.
New Delhi: Looking to cash in on the 'selfie' craze among youth, Japanese electronics giant Sony launched the dual-SIM Xperia C3 in India for Rs 23,990.
"Xperia C3 is a unique new smartphone from Sony, created to offer the ultimate social sharing experience with a new powerful 'PROselfie cam'," Sony said in a statement.
Xperia C3 presents a combination of leading digital imaging technology and brilliant specifications and performance all for a mid-range price, it added.
The handset sports a 5.5-inch screen with an 8 megapixel rear camera and a 5 MP wide-angle front camera with LED flash. Besides, Xperia C3 comes loaded with selfie camera apps.
The effects have themes like pirate hats, horror faces and laser eyes for selfies and selfie videos.
Portrait Retouch, another app, allows users to have a real-time makeover of up to two people from a combination of choices from 10 different beauty styles.
Powered by Qualcom's Snapdragon quad-core 1.2 Ghz processor, the smartphone features a 1 GB RAM and a 8 GB internal memory.
Xperia C3 will be available in three colours - black, white and mint - from September 1, 2014 at all Sony centre, Sony Smartphone Lounge and major mobiles and electronics stores across India.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped