Soon, onboard TV facility in 9 Shatabdi trains
Now you can see a cricket match or your favourite entertainment channel live while traveling.
New Delhi: Now you can see a cricket match or your favourite entertainment channel live while traveling in a Shatabdi train.
"We have decided to install LCD screen behind each seat in nine Shatabdi trains and DTH service will be provided to these trains," said Aswani Lohani, Divisional Railway Manager of Delhi Division.
The onboard TV service, a first of its kind in Indian Railways, will be provided in Kalka Shatabdi, Lucknow Shatabdi, Amritsar Shatabdi, Bhopal Shatabdi, Dehradun Shatabdi, Ludhiana Shatabdi and Ajmer Shatabdi.
However, Northern Railway will not spend anything to provide the onboard service. "We have prepared a revenue model in which neither the Railways nor the passenger will have to pay anything for availing the DTH service in trains," the DRM said.
Meghdoot Private Ltd and Media on Track, two agencies that have been shortlisted to execute the project, will bear the cost of providing the service.
As per the revenue model, 75 per cent of screening timing will be kept for airing channels and 25 per cent timing will be for airing advertisements.
"We will get one per cent of ad revenue from these two agencies, which will be about Rs 1.5 crore a year," he said.
The two agencies will be given the contract for a minimum period of five years.
As a value addition, the service providers will also have opportunities to offer taxi and hotel rooms to passengers.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form