J&K: Top LeT commander arrested in Sopore
According to the police, Fahdullah is the chief operating officer of LeT in north Kashmir and belongs to Multan.
Srinagar: A top Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) commander was apprehended in Sopore, Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday evening by a joint team of the Indian Army and the police. According to the police, Fahdullah is the chief operating officer of LeT in north Kashmir and belongs to Multan.
The security forces also recovered two AK rifles, five AK magazines, two pistols, five grenades and 150 live ammunition from the terrorist.
Officials said that Fahdullah, along with a slain terrorist Urfi Dar alias Husham, was involved in the killing of Special Police Officer (SPO) Riyaz Ahmad in Sopore in September 2012.
He also masterminded series of grenade attacks in Sopore in the months of July, August and September of 2012 injuring many civilians and security force personnel.
Further investigation with regard to involvement of terrorists is being investigated.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner