DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sopore: wanted LeT militant killed in encounter
Chacha Talha, was killed in an encounter with security forces at Reban in Sopore town.
Srinagar: A wanted Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant from Pakistan was on Monday killed in a gunbattle with security forces at Sopore in north Kashmir's Baramulla district.
"An LeT militant, Chacha Talha, was killed in an encounter with security forces at Reban in Sopore town, 55 kms from here," a police spokesman said.
The gunbattle broke out after security forces launched an operation following information about the presence of militants in the area.
Talha was on the wanted list of security forces for the past more than two years and was allegedly involved in several civilian killings and attacks on security forces, official sources said.
The sources said one AK rifle, two magazines and some torn currency notes were recovered from the spot.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics