Take action against India, Vietnam: Chinese paper
India and Vietnam should be given a strong response if they remain defiant about exploring oil and gas in China's waters, the paper said.
New Delhi: India and Vietnam should be given a strong response if they remain defiant about exploring oil and gas in China's waters, a Chinese newspaper said on Thursday.
The report by the hardline Global Times comes after the ONGC's recent announcement that it had accepted Vietnam's proposal to continue explorations in the South China Sea, an act that China claims violates its sovereignty.
The text read, "China must first insist on exerting political pressure over both India and Vietnam, warning them that their joint exploration activities in the South China Sea are illegal and violate China's sovereignty. If they conduct oil and gas exploration in waters under China's sovereignty, China should give a strong response."
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- FIFA WC Qualifiers: Saudi Arabia, Iran Go Top After Australia Draw With Japan
- #PantsuitPosse Stages An Epic Flash-Mob Dance For Hillary Clinton In New York
- Hafeez Ruled Out of Limited-Over Series Against West Indies
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Pep Guardiola Denies Trying to Take Messi, Neymar to Manchester City
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3