Take action against India, Vietnam: Chinese paper
India and Vietnam should be given a strong response if they remain defiant about exploring oil and gas in China's waters, the paper said.
New Delhi: India and Vietnam should be given a strong response if they remain defiant about exploring oil and gas in China's waters, a Chinese newspaper said on Thursday.
The report by the hardline Global Times comes after the ONGC's recent announcement that it had accepted Vietnam's proposal to continue explorations in the South China Sea, an act that China claims violates its sovereignty.
The text read, "China must first insist on exerting political pressure over both India and Vietnam, warning them that their joint exploration activities in the South China Sea are illegal and violate China's sovereignty. If they conduct oil and gas exploration in waters under China's sovereignty, China should give a strong response."
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC