K'taka's coldest day in 100 years, 7 dead in AP
The minimum in Mysore fell to an all-time record of 7.7 degrees Celsius on January 16, the lowest in the last 120 years.
New Delhi: Severe cold wave conditions prevailed over parts of Telengana, Rayalaseema and interior Karnataka. Dry weather prevailed over Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep and the the clear weather coupled with the cold winds from the north led to a sudden drop in the temperature.
Madikeri in Karnataka recorded its lowest in the last 132 years on January 16 when the mercury plummeted to 4.8 degrees Celsius. Mysore, too, recorded its lowest temperature in over 100 years. The minimum in Mysore fell to an all-time record of 7.7 degrees Celsius on January 16, the lowest in the last 120 years.
Bengaluru recorded the minimum temperature of 12 degrees Celsius on January 16, which is the lowest for the month of January during the last 19 years.
The minimum temperature fell largely at one or two places over South Interior Karnataka, fell appreciably at a few places over Kerala, Coastal Karnataka, fell at a few places over Tamil Nadu, rest Coastal Karnataka, at one or two places over Rayalaseema, rose appreciably at one or two places over rest Tamil Nadu, rose at one or two places over Telengana, North Coastal Andhra Pradesh and changed little elsewhere over the region.
Adilabad and Belgaum Airport recorded the lowest minimum temperature of 7 degree Celsius in the plains of the region.
Ground frost may occur at a few places over the hill ranges of Nilgiris district.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief