Southern actor Prithviraj to offer a script to Big B
Prithviraj plans to work with Amitabh Bachchan in Hindi remake of Malayalam film 'Ayalum Njanum Thammil'.
Mumbai: Southern superstar Prithviraj Sukumaran, who debuted in Bollywood with 'Aiyyaa', has bought the rights of his hit Malayalam film 'Ayalum Njanum Thammil'. He plans to make it in Hindi and approach Amitabh Bachchan with the script.
'Ayalum Njanum Thammil', directed by Lal Jose, released in October last year. Also featuring Narein, Prathap Pothen, Samvrutha Sunil and Remya Nambeesan, the film was a medical drama and critics appreciated the film as well as Prithviraj's performance in it.
"I have taken the first step and bought the film. Now, the rights of the film rest with me, so I can be assured that nobody else is going to do it. That's the first step to ensure that the project has somehow shaped up," Prithviraj told IANS.
"I have started showing the film to few people over here. Let's hope that they have the same kind of interest that I do and hopefully, I get a draft written in English that I will take to Mr Bachchan to read it," he added.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films