Spain to visit Germany in Davis Cup without Rafael Nadal
Carlos Moya has named a four-man squad that doesn't include heavyweights Nadal, Ferrer or Almagro against Germany for his captain's debut in Davis Cup next week.
Madrid: Carlos Moya has named a four-man squad that doesn't include heavyweights Rafael Nadal, David Ferrer or Nicolas Almagro against Germany for his captain's debut in Davis Cup next week.
With Nadal and Ferrer focusing on the ATP season and Almagro injured, Moya has called on veterans Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez to team with debutants Roberto Bautista and David Marrero.
Marrero partnered with Verdasco to win the World Tour doubles final in London last season, while Bautista ousted Juan Martin del Potro in the Australian Open.
Moya, a former No. 1 and French Open winner, replaced Alex Corretja in October.
Germany host the first-round World Group tie in Frankfurt from Jan. 31-Feb. 2.
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party