Spain to visit Germany in Davis Cup without Rafael Nadal
Carlos Moya has named a four-man squad that doesn't include heavyweights Nadal, Ferrer or Almagro against Germany for his captain's debut in Davis Cup next week.
Madrid: Carlos Moya has named a four-man squad that doesn't include heavyweights Rafael Nadal, David Ferrer or Nicolas Almagro against Germany for his captain's debut in Davis Cup next week.
With Nadal and Ferrer focusing on the ATP season and Almagro injured, Moya has called on veterans Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez to team with debutants Roberto Bautista and David Marrero.
Marrero partnered with Verdasco to win the World Tour doubles final in London last season, while Bautista ousted Juan Martin del Potro in the Australian Open.
Moya, a former No. 1 and French Open winner, replaced Alex Corretja in October.
Germany host the first-round World Group tie in Frankfurt from Jan. 31-Feb. 2.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw