Spain to visit Germany in Davis Cup without Rafael Nadal
Carlos Moya has named a four-man squad that doesn't include heavyweights Nadal, Ferrer or Almagro against Germany for his captain's debut in Davis Cup next week.
Madrid: Carlos Moya has named a four-man squad that doesn't include heavyweights Rafael Nadal, David Ferrer or Nicolas Almagro against Germany for his captain's debut in Davis Cup next week.
With Nadal and Ferrer focusing on the ATP season and Almagro injured, Moya has called on veterans Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez to team with debutants Roberto Bautista and David Marrero.
Marrero partnered with Verdasco to win the World Tour doubles final in London last season, while Bautista ousted Juan Martin del Potro in the Australian Open.
Moya, a former No. 1 and French Open winner, replaced Alex Corretja in October.
Germany host the first-round World Group tie in Frankfurt from Jan. 31-Feb. 2.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18