Special 26: Akshay Kumar starrer to be remade down South?
Neeraj Pandey-directed 'Special 26', which has garnered positive response, is likely to be remade down South.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Neeraj Pandey-directed 'Special 26', which has garnered positive response, is likely to be remade down South.
"Yes, I have received many calls since Friday. Many people from South have approached me asking for the remake rights," Pandey, who had earlier won accolades for helming "A Wednesday", told IANS.
He was speaking on the sidelines of a 'Special 26' event. Released last week, the film is doing well.
However, the decision about remake rights won't be taken by Pandey, he said and added: "I don't know what is the status about it. People on the upper level will take the decision."
His 'A Wednesday' remade in Tamil as 'Unnaipol Oruvan' and Telugu as 'Eeenadu'.
'Special 26', based on a real life incident, sees Akshay Kumar as a conman and he clarifies he was not experimenting.
"My intention was not to experiment with different films. I really liked the subject. This is one of the best films among my films. When I was just coming here to meet you all, I met Mithun Chakrobarty and he said he really liked the film and wants to remake it in Bengali."
The film also featured Anupam Kher and Manoj Bajpayee, among others.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event