Bus, tempo collide on Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway; 13 dead
Highway traffic control said that 13 bodies have been recovered so far but the death toll could go up.
Dahanu: At least 13 people have died after a private luxury bus and a tempo collided on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway near Dahanu.
Highway traffic control said that 13 bodies have been recovered so far but the death toll could go up. Authorities said that the number of injured are between 20 and 25. Exact number of dead yet to be verified and toll could go up.
The collision between the private luxury bus and the tanker took place around 7 AM, the police said.
Resident Deputy Collector Manoj Gohad said rescue operations have already been launched. "The disaster management machinery has been pressed into service and medical teams have been dispatched to the accident site," he said.
The injured were rushed to various hospitals around Dahanu, Additional Collector Ashok Shingare said, adding the critically injured were being shifted to hospitals in Mumbai.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'