Sports career helps Komal Sharma as an actor
However, Komal has six years of experience as a very successful squash player.
Chennai: Former National level squash player and athlete Komal Sharma says her sports career helps her cope with long working hours on the movie sets.
"Thanks to long shoots on sets and locations, it is very likely that an actor can lose his or her physical and mental stability in no time. I'm glad that my years of sports career keeps me fit even after a long day's shoot. I seldom lose my stability after shooting for long hours," Komal told IANS. Komal has six years of experience as a very successful squash player. Before squash, she completed the 21km Chennai marathon. Born and raised in Chennai, she never aspired to be an actor, 'but all my well-wishers said I had the looks of an actor, not a sportsperson'.
"They convinced me to give acting a second thought and when it happened, I fell in love with it," said Komal who debuted with Tamil drama 'Sattapadi Kutram'.
"I found a divine energy in front of the camera and started loving it. I'm happy with the decision I have taken," added the actress, who had a back up plan. "I was prepared if I wouldn't like films, I would go back to playing squash," she said. She is currently busy with two projects, 'Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA', a sequel to super hit 'Amaidhi Padai' in Tamil and 'Anu' in Telugu. "I'm extremely privileged to be part of 'Amaidhi Padai' sequel. It was one of the biggest political satire hits of the 1990s. I play a very homely character in the film. A god-fearing teacher in a village who becomes a social campaigner," she said. "I play a college girl in 'Anu'. It's a love story set against an urban backdrop. I'm currently busy shooting for it," added Komal
Offers are pouring in, but Komal is in no hurry to sign too many films because wants to do 'one film' at a time.
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show