Delhi HC issues notice to Sports Ministry
Advocate Rahul Mehra claimed that according to the new age criteria, VK Malhotra's candidature will be rejected.
New Delhi: Delhi High Court has issued notice to the Sports Ministry directing it to conduct elections in all sports federations where they are due. Elections in the Archery Federation are due since February, 2012.
Advocate Rahul Mehra alleged that the current incumbent President of the Archery Foundation VK Malhotra was not getting the elections done because by the new age and tenure criteria, his candidature will be rejected.
Mehra claimed that the age criteria will impact his position as the acting President of the Indian Olympics Association (IOA).
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"