Delhi HC issues notice to Sports Ministry
Advocate Rahul Mehra claimed that according to the new age criteria, VK Malhotra's candidature will be rejected.
New Delhi: Delhi High Court has issued notice to the Sports Ministry directing it to conduct elections in all sports federations where they are due. Elections in the Archery Federation are due since February, 2012.
Advocate Rahul Mehra alleged that the current incumbent President of the Archery Foundation VK Malhotra was not getting the elections done because by the new age and tenure criteria, his candidature will be rejected.
Mehra claimed that the age criteria will impact his position as the acting President of the Indian Olympics Association (IOA).
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul