DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sports Ministry to set up 30 centres of excellence
Sports Minister Jitendra Singh said the government has decided to formulate a new sports policy and identify talent from rural areas.
Balata: Sports Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the government has decided to formulate a new sports policy and identify talent from rural areas and train them in order to promote sports in the country.
Singh said the country was lagging behind in the field of sports which was unfortunate for a nation that has the second largest population in the world. He had come to inspect the National Integration Camp which is being conducted by the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan, here.
The Sports Ministry would setup 30 Centres of Excellence in which sportspersons would be imparted high standard training so that they could prepare for Olympics and other international level competition, Singh said.
He said that the government has already given its nod to set up a National Institute of Sports Coaching at NIS Patiala with a budget of Rs 250 crore.
The government has also decided to setup an institute in New Delhi where expert advice would be given to athletes on what diet to take during training, he added.
Recommended For You
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise