Spread awareness on food security scheme, Vijay Bahuguna tells Congress workers
<p>Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday asked Congress workers to inform people about the benefits of Food security scheme, covering about 61.94 lakh people in the state.</p>
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday asked Congress workers to inform people about the benefits of Food security scheme, covering about 61.94 lakh people in the state.
"The historic step of the UPA government will benefit 61.94 lakh people and Congress workers need to spread awareness on the issue," Bahuguna said during a function.
The Chief Minister said that Rs 8 crore fund would be alloted to an under-constructed medical college at Rudrapur. He said the girl children who lost both parents in the recent flashflood, would get fixed deposit of Rs 1 lakh from the state government.
Bahuguna announced that drive for appointment on around 40,000 state administrative posts will soon be started. Union Minister Harish Singh Rawat said around 85 crore people in the country country would be benefited from the food security scheme.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18