Sri Lankan court orders release of 30 Indian fishermen
The Sri Lankan court has also ordered for returning of their seized boats.
Rameswaram: A Sri Lankan court on Wednesday ordered release of 30 fishermen from here, arrested in April by Island Navy on charges of poaching, according to Fishermen Association sources here.
President of Pamban Fishermen's Association Arulanandam said they have received a communication stating that a court in Mannar has ordered the release of the
fishermen, arrested on April 6 while fishing near Katchatheevu.
Magistrate of the court Aananthi Kanagaraj had also ordered for returning of their seized boats, he said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly