Sri Rama Sene protests Veena's Kannada film role
Activists staged a protest against casting of the Pakistani actress in the Kannada version of 'The Dirty Picture'.
Bangalore: Activists of right wing outfit Sri Rama Sene staged a protest against casting of controversial Pakistani actress Veena Malik in the Kannada version of 'The Dirty Picture' movie and demanded her replacement with another Indian actress.
The protesters, led by Sri Ram Sene President Pramod Muthalik, shouted slogans and sought to know why the makers of 'The Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Hot Maga' had cast her when there are many talented Indian actress who can fit into the role. The Hindi version of the film, which was an unofficial biopic of southern sex symbol Silk Smitha, starred Vidya Balan in the lead role.
Last year, All India Muslim Tyohar Committee in Bhopal had issued a fatwa against Veena and ex-communicated her for "objectionable" photos on the net and for degrading the sacred institution of 'nikah' by signing a contract to choose a groom on a reality show.
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Misbah-ul-Haq Disappointed at West Indian Downfall
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand