Sri Rama Sene protests Veena's Kannada film role
Activists staged a protest against casting of the Pakistani actress in the Kannada version of 'The Dirty Picture'.
Bangalore: Activists of right wing outfit Sri Rama Sene staged a protest against casting of controversial Pakistani actress Veena Malik in the Kannada version of 'The Dirty Picture' movie and demanded her replacement with another Indian actress.
The protesters, led by Sri Ram Sene President Pramod Muthalik, shouted slogans and sought to know why the makers of 'The Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Hot Maga' had cast her when there are many talented Indian actress who can fit into the role. The Hindi version of the film, which was an unofficial biopic of southern sex symbol Silk Smitha, starred Vidya Balan in the lead role.
Last year, All India Muslim Tyohar Committee in Bhopal had issued a fatwa against Veena and ex-communicated her for "objectionable" photos on the net and for degrading the sacred institution of 'nikah' by signing a contract to choose a groom on a reality show.
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa