Sri Rama Sene protests Veena's Kannada film role
Activists staged a protest against casting of the Pakistani actress in the Kannada version of 'The Dirty Picture'.
Bangalore: Activists of right wing outfit Sri Rama Sene staged a protest against casting of controversial Pakistani actress Veena Malik in the Kannada version of 'The Dirty Picture' movie and demanded her replacement with another Indian actress.
The protesters, led by Sri Ram Sene President Pramod Muthalik, shouted slogans and sought to know why the makers of 'The Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Hot Maga' had cast her when there are many talented Indian actress who can fit into the role. The Hindi version of the film, which was an unofficial biopic of southern sex symbol Silk Smitha, starred Vidya Balan in the lead role.
Last year, All India Muslim Tyohar Committee in Bhopal had issued a fatwa against Veena and ex-communicated her for "objectionable" photos on the net and for degrading the sacred institution of 'nikah' by signing a contract to choose a groom on a reality show.
Recommended For You
- Baba Ramdev's Dangal Dazzles Fans at PWL
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Lenovo P2 vs Honor 6X vs Vivo V5 Plus: All You Need to Know
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment