DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Srikanth upsets world No.6 Jorgensen in India Open
The young Indian shuttler beat the Dane 7-21, 21-18, 12-21 to reach round two in New Delhi on Wednesday.
New Delhi: India's young shuttler Srikanth K kick-started his campaign Wednesday by upsetting world No.6 Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark 7-21, 21-18, 12-21 to enter round two of the India Open here at the Siri Fort Complex.
Srikanth overwhelmed Jorgensen at the start specially with his movement on the court and especially the smashes. Srikanth had 33 smash winners compared to 17 from the Danish. The second game went close but the 20-year-old Indian couldn't pull it through as Jorgensen edged past with the score of 21-18. But in the third game, Srikanth took his game to another leave routing his opponent 21-12.
While, world No.1 Lee Chong Wei's domination continued here on court 3 as he sailed to the second round by thrashing Scott Evans of Ireland 21-16, 21-5 without breaking a sweat.
Later in the day, Parupalli Kashyap takes on Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia and Saina Nehwal clashes with Indonesia's Belaetrix Manuputi.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise