Srikanth upsets world No.6 Jorgensen in India Open
The young Indian shuttler beat the Dane 7-21, 21-18, 12-21 to reach round two in New Delhi on Wednesday.
New Delhi: India's young shuttler Srikanth K kick-started his campaign Wednesday by upsetting world No.6 Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark 7-21, 21-18, 12-21 to enter round two of the India Open here at the Siri Fort Complex.
Srikanth overwhelmed Jorgensen at the start specially with his movement on the court and especially the smashes. Srikanth had 33 smash winners compared to 17 from the Danish. The second game went close but the 20-year-old Indian couldn't pull it through as Jorgensen edged past with the score of 21-18. But in the third game, Srikanth took his game to another leave routing his opponent 21-12.
While, world No.1 Lee Chong Wei's domination continued here on court 3 as he sailed to the second round by thrashing Scott Evans of Ireland 21-16, 21-5 without breaking a sweat.
Later in the day, Parupalli Kashyap takes on Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia and Saina Nehwal clashes with Indonesia's Belaetrix Manuputi.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right