DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Srilakshmi files counteraffidavit
HYDERABAD: Mining scam accused Y Srilakshmi on Monday filed a counter affidavit in the High Court to the CBI petition challenging ..
HYDERABAD: Mining scam accused Y Srilakshmi on Monday filed a counter affidavit in the High Court to the CBI petition challenging the bail granted to her by the special CBI court on Dec 2. Justice N R L Nageswara Rao will arguments for and against her bail on Wednesday. Srilakshmi, an IAS officer, was arrested by the CBI on charges of illegally approving mining leases to benefit the main accused Gali Janardhan Reddy's Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) but was bailed out by the special CBI court after four days in custody. The agency then moved the High Court seeking cancellation of the bail order.
In her counter affidavit, Srilakshmi claimed she was in no way related to the illegal mining activities carried out by OMC, which had already been sanctioned preliminary leases before she took charge as industry secretary. The file was processed on the basis of proposals sent by lower staff.
She submitted that she was ready to cooperate with the investigation and had no need to influence witnesses.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Ssumier Pasricha, Mallika Dua: Meet the Most Viral People on Internet
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO