Srinagar: Encounter on between police and terrorists, 1 policeman injured
A Lashkar terrorist belonging to Pakistan is believed to be trapped in the locality.
Srinagar: An encounter has been going on in the Ahmadnagar locality near Srinagar between teams of police-CRPF and terrorists. A Lashkar terrorist belonging to Pakistan is believed to be trapped in the locality.
A policeman has been injured by a grenade that was thrown by the terrorists during the initial exchange of firing. The area has been cordoned off by the police and CRPF personnel.
"He lobbed grenades at security forces. The gunfight is still on. Security forces are ensuring that the holed-up terrorist does not escape in the darkness," a senior police officer said.
The incident comes after the Maharajbazar attack near city centre Lal chowk in which a CISF jawan was killed.
(With additional inputs from IANS)
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager