Srinagar hotel attack: LeT claims responsibility
On Friday evening suspected militants opened fire near the gate of Hotel Silver Star in Nowgam in Srinagar, Kashmir.
Srinagar: Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) has claimed responsibility for the Friday attack outside a Srinagar hotel in which one person died and three people were injured, sources said. On Friday evening suspected militants opened fire near the gate of Hotel Silver Star in Nowgam in Srinagar, Kashmir.
According to the police, the ultras opened fire near the gate of the hotel near Lasjan at around 4:20 pm, resulting in death of one of its employees identified as Farooq Ahmad. It was not immediately clear whether the hotel or a security forces convoy passing through the area was the target of the militants.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a hunt to track down the militants, the police said.
Recommended For You
- LG G6 vs Samsung Galaxy S8: It's Beauty vs Toughness
- Sagarika Ghatge: Meet The Gorgeous, Talented Fiancee of Zaheer Khan
- Zaheer-Sagarika Perfect Match, Says Sachin Tendulkar
- 1st Test: Yasir Shah Spins Pakistan to Victory over West Indies
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It