Srinagar-Jammu highway to close due to snow alert
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 0.1 degree Celsius on January 16. It was -3.8 degrees in Pahalgam.
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu highway, Kashmir Valley's only link with the country apart from air travel, would be closed on January 17. This follows the Met office forecasting moderate to heavy snow from January 16 evening to January 19.
"The snowfall could be rather heavy in the Pir Panjal mountain range that could disrupt traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu highway. Air traffic could also be affected during this period because of the rain/snow and poor visibility," Sonam Lotus, director of the weather office here, told press. The Met office had issued an advisory on January 15 evening.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 0.1 degree Celsius on January 16. It was -3.8 degrees in Pahalgam, -6.7 in Gulmarg, -9.5 in Leh and 12 points below freezing point in Kargil town.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be