Srinagar-Jammu highway to close due to snow alert
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 0.1 degree Celsius on January 16. It was -3.8 degrees in Pahalgam.
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu highway, Kashmir Valley's only link with the country apart from air travel, would be closed on January 17. This follows the Met office forecasting moderate to heavy snow from January 16 evening to January 19.
"The snowfall could be rather heavy in the Pir Panjal mountain range that could disrupt traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu highway. Air traffic could also be affected during this period because of the rain/snow and poor visibility," Sonam Lotus, director of the weather office here, told press. The Met office had issued an advisory on January 15 evening.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 0.1 degree Celsius on January 16. It was -3.8 degrees in Pahalgam, -6.7 in Gulmarg, -9.5 in Leh and 12 points below freezing point in Kargil town.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Russia Asks Pakistan to Take Steps to Contain Terror Groups
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation