Srinagar records coldest night on January 25
The MET Office had earlier said that the weather will remain dry till the end of this month.
Srinagar: Residents across the Kashmir Valley continue to shiver as mercury plunged by several degrees with Srinagar recording the coldest night of this winter. Srinagar recorded a low of minus 5.8 degrees Celsius on January 25th night, which was the coldest night of this winter, a MET official said.
The minimum night temperature in the highway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir was minus 8.0 degrees Celsius as against minus 7.0 degrees Celsius on January 25, he said. The night temperature in Kokernag settled at minus 10.2 degrees Celsius, down by 2.7 degrees as compared to January 25.
In north Kashmir's Kupwara town, where the previous night's minimum was minus 2.2 degrees Celsius, the temperature settled at a low of minus 4.8 degrees Celsius during the night, the spokesman said. The minimum night temperature in Pahalgam hill resort in south Kashmir was slightly up at minus 12.4 degrees Celsius from the previous night's minus 13.0 degrees Celsius.
The MET Office had earlier said that the weather will remain dry till the end of this month which may result in the further drop in the night as well as day temperatures.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute