DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Srinagar: 1 killed, 6 injured as protest turns violent
Trouble began after Friday prayers when hundreds of young men gathered.
New Delhi: Violence erupted in Srinagar on Friday as security forces clashed with demonstrators.
One person was killed and 30 others, including six policemen were injured.
Trouble began after Friday prayers when hundreds of young men gathered near Nowhatta chowk to demand the release of Hurriyat leaders who were arrested at the height of the Amarnath land row.
They also shouted separatist slogans. Security forces deployed in the area resorted to lathi-charge and bursting teargas shells. Security forces later fired into the air to disperse the mob.
Four protesters with bullet wounds were rushed to a nearby hospital.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Reacts to Ariana Grande Concert Terror Attack
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?