DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Don't allow Shah Rukh inside Wankhede: MCA to Mumbai Police
The Bollywood superstar was banned for five years from entering MCA premises, including the Wankhede Stadium, following a brawl.
Mumbai: The Mumbai Cricket Association has informed a local police station to prevent Kolkata Knight Riders principal owner Shah Rukh from entering the stadium, when his team takes on Mumbai Indians in the city on Tuesday.
"We wrote a letter to Marine Lines police station today asking them not to allow Shah Rukh Khan inside the stadium tomorrow (when Kolkata Knight Riders play Mumbai Indians). This was after the police had asked us to send a letter to that effect," MCA president Ravi Savant told reporters.
The Bollywood superstar was banned for five years from entering MCA premises, including the Wankhede Stadium, by the Association's Managing Committee, headed by the late Vilasrao Deshmukh, on May 18 last year, after he was involved in a skirmish with security staff and officials of the cricket body following KKR's victory over MI two nights earlier.
Shah Rukh, however, denied he had misbehaved and maintained he reacted only after children, including his kids, were "manhandled" by the security staff at the stadium. Meanwhile, it has been learnt that security personnel have been told by the authorities not to allow SRK inside the premises.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications