IPL brawl: SRK banned from Wankhede for 5 years
MCA chief Vilasrao Deshmukh claimed that more than 50 pc of the MCA officials were present at the time of the brawl.
Mumbai: Actor and Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan has been banned for five years from entering the Wankhede Stadium over the alleged scuffle with the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) officials and the security staff.
This came even as Shah Rukh claimed that it was the MCA officials who started the scuffle by manhandling children at the stadium.
When asked whether the children were manhandled, MCA chief Vilasrao Deshmukh said, "We have no such complaint from him. He can also file a police complaint like we did."
"There was a proposal of a lifetime ban, but we wanted to send a message that this is not how one should behave, so we decided on a 5-year ban," Deshmukh added.
Speaking on what action will the BCCI take, Deshmukh said, "We can decide on what the MCA will do, what the BCCI does is not in our hands."
IPL chief Rajiv Shukla said, "In my view, the MCA can only recommend, the BCCI will take a final call."
Deshmukh claimed that more than 50 per cent of the MCA officials were present at the time of the brawl.
The police had filed a non-cognisable offence against Shah Rukh Khan over Wednesday's scuffle at the Wankhade stadium.
In an apparent fit of rage, Shah Rukh Khan, the MCA on Thursday had claimed, abused and shoved a security guard at the stadium. MCA officials also claimed that the actor was drunk at the time of the brawl.
Shah Rukh had then countered the MCA's claims and said, "I was there to protect my children, the security guards were the ones who were aggressive, I saw these guards touching girls not older than 13, I told them to stop."
Hitting back, the actor claimed he was left with little choice.
"Of course I was abusive, what could I have done? I would do it again. It has become fashionable for officials to throw their weight if they see a celebrity," Shah Rukh said.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir, Anushka, Aishwarya Caught Up in a Twisted Love Triangle