SRK summoned for smoking during an IPL match
A Rajasthan court has asked Shah Rukh Khan to be present for hearing on May 26.
Jaipur: Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan has been served a summon by the Rajasthan police over a complaint alleging that the actor was seen smoking in public on April 8 in Jaipur during a match.
This was during the IPL match between the Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders. The court has asked the actor to be present for hearing on May 26.
The complainant had moved court on April 9, a day after the IPL match, alleging that despite a ban on smoking in public, the actor was smoking in front of thousands of cricket fans.
He said the act sent out wrong signals as the actor is idolised by his young fans.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Slams Ton As Jharkhand Beat Chattisgarh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards