Pre-natal sex determination case against SRK adjourned for two weeks
The Bombay High Court has also questioned the basis for the petition against the actor.
Mumbai: The sex determination case against actor Shah Rukh Khan has been adjourned for two weeks. A social activist had filed the complaint with the Health Ministry alleging Shah Rukh had determined the sex of his surrogate baby before he was born.
The Bombay High Court has also questioned the basis for the petition against the actor. The 47-year-old actor's third child was born to a surrogate mother recently at a private hospital in Mumbai, the complaint said and claimed that gender testing was banned under the Act.
Reportedly, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had sent a team to SRK's residence earlier to ascertain the facts over alleged pre-natal gender tests. The team, however, was turned away and SRK had rubbished all the speculations.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop