SRK's 'Ra.One' aims at Limca record
The actor plans to create the record by launching a 3,600-foot long fan mail
New Delhi: Trust Shah Rukh Khan to do things differently. The Bollywood superstar is now aiming to create a Limca Book of World Records by launching a 3,600-foot long fan mail, which will travel through 50 BIG Cinemas properties across India, allowing audiences to share their messages for the actor.
The fan mail was launched during the theatrical trailer launch event of Ra.One in Mumbai on Tuesday, and the first two Shah Rukh fans to sign the fan mail were the winners of a contest hosted by BIG Cinemas, a division of Reliance Mediaworks.
The activity has been planned as part of the promotion of his forthcoming superhero film Ra.One, being co-produced by Eros International and Red Chillies Entertainment. It is set for a Oct 26 release.
"The whole of India swoons over Shah Rukh Khan and with the release of Ra.One, the mania is going to go even wilder. The longest travelling fan mail is our attempt to give all the BIG Cinemas patrons a chance to express their love for King Khan and ensure that their messages reach him personally. This initiative further strengthens our brand promise of 'you matter' to our audiences," said Archana Jhangiani, head - Brand and Marketing, BIG Cinemas.
The travelLing fan mail would be personally presented to Shah Rukh before the release of Ra.One, which also features Arjun Rampal and Kareena Kapoor, and is being directed by Anubhav Sinha.
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out